Tuesday 24 March 2009

Tactics Corner with Dr P Wigwam

...with Dr P Wigwam, XEFA Organiser and manager of Compit FC. Doc's a real yo-yo team, going up and down between the Prem and Champs, and he likes to be creative when creating his tactics.

Dennis Moberg: What is your tactical philosophy in FML?
Dr P Wigwam: I try to favour the beautiful game, with exciting players and nice pass and move. It never quite comes off for me, but that's my theory.

Dennis Moberg: You've been trying out some odd ideas in the past, most noteably the tactic where you didn't use any strikers - but a FR and FL. Do you like to experiment?
Dr P Wigwam: Yeah, I like to try things that most people shy away from as their not the norm. I'm hoping to put together a 3 man defence for next season, with 2 up front. we'll see. It might be suicide.

Dennis Moberg: Well, you got decent results last time! Do you feel that managers overall are to stuck with a tactical idea, and that it might hinder their teams progress in some cases?
Dr P Wigwam: It seems some guys have a tactic that they feel is right, and always get players to fit it. I find that restraining and am often looking to adapt my tactic to suit my players. I cant say it will hinder them, most of the top teams do it. It's just not my way.

Dennis Moberg: You're selling off your team right now, to build a new one. What will you be looking for mostly in the players? Different for each position or do you have a few attributes you feel are essential?
Dr P Wigwam: I'm pretty torn to be honest. I wanted to set up a decent youth academy, competing in 3 age ranges, but I feel now I've looked at the players available, that's gonna be really tough. I honestly dont know what I'm gonna do next, but I needed a fresh challenge, so I have no regrets.

Dennis Moberg: You've learnt the "Goalkeeper Distribution To" Skill. It's usually overlooked by many, do you think it's a must have to set up a proper tactic?
Dr P Wigwam: I realised that my keeper was too often just hoofing the ball straight to the opposition defence, and they were just attacking again. It was originally designed to stop that, then I tried using it to counter by getting it to my quick winger. I dunno how much difference it made, but I like to try different things.

Dennis Moberg: Alright Doc - cheers for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

The Clough Gameworld crest

The Cloughite is Clough's very own Tabloid Newspaper, reporting on a wide range of stories from the hot discussion topics of the day to the big transfer stories and even match reports from the big games.

Labels

Recommended Reading