Sunday 22 March 2009

The Big Interview: Adrian Harvey

...with Adrian Harvey, manager of Centresbrough. A big fan of Middlesbrough in real life, as well as new members in the XEFA, having joined us from our natural rivals XFA this season. He's also a community man, and he's in charge of the "Theme of the Week" vote since Damian Allen left our GW. Oh, and if you haven't noticed, this weeks theme is "Musical Legends".

Dennis Moberg: Alright Adrian, let's start by letting you tell our readers a little about yourself.
Adrian Harvey: Well I'm an ancient 37 year old computer engineer from a small town in Europe called Middlesbrough, some readers may have heard of it. I got married last year and with a 12 year old son, it's all go! Enjoy most sports, and even participate in one or two, darts mostly, though whether that's down to the social side more than the sporting side, I'm not 100% sure!

Dennis Moberg: This is your first season in the XEFA, and you're currently at 10th place in the Division 1. Are you happy with this start?
Adrian Harvey: So-so ... I'd hoped to be a bit higher up the league, but I got off to a pretty awful start. From now I'm hoping to finish inside the top 10, I think promotion is out of the question, although my league form does seemed to have picked up from what it was.

Dennis Moberg: Reputation-wise, your squad of players should - on paper - be able to handle Premiership football. Is making it there a goal for you - and if it is, in the short or long term?
Adrian Harvey: Yes, though they need some additions. It's more of a long term goal though, I'm aiming for the Championship next season, and I'll probably be there for a couple of seasons if I manage it. Plus by that time my squad will have aged a few years and probably need adding to then. I made a few mistakes early on with my player purchases back when prices were crazy, and the stadiums didn't help with trying to rectify those mistakes. so as with everyone else, it's a slow process to build a squad of players up to where you want them.

Dennis Moberg: You've conceded the 2nd most goals in the Div1 - have you neglected your defence in your team building?
Adrian Harvey: Yes I think I probably have. I've one solid DC in Leandro Rinaudo, my record signing, but the other DC is a problem, Grigorjev's come in and done a job this season but hasn't been as good as I hoped. Thiago Carleto's been pretty solid at left back but right back is another problem area. I guess the problem with playing an attacking formation such as my 4-3-3 is that it can leave you a bit short on the counter attack.

Dennis Moberg: Cleyton is your best averaging player, with an avarage of 7.15 in 45 games. Do you feel you've been a part of getting this much out of him?
Adrian Harvey: Yeah I'd like to think so. He was part of my original squad when the GW kicked off and I really liked him then, but got a £2m offer and at the time it was a tough one to refuse. When he became available again I snapped him up and he's gone from strength to strength and is performing as well as he has done in his career - I just wish he was 5 years younger!

Dennis Moberg: You joined us this season from the XFA - are you happy with this decision so far?
Adrian Harvey: It's been a good move for me really. I enjoyed the XFA but the social side was a bit quiet to be honest, and as I spend far too much time online it became clear to me that I needed a more chatty environment - other than the lobby of course! It's very rare that the XEFA room isnt talkative so I've no regrets about my switch.

Dennis Moberg: Good to hear Adrian - we're happy to have you onboard! Good luck with the end of season
Adrian Harvey: Cheers Dennis, and to you and all your readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

The Clough Gameworld crest

The Cloughite is Clough's very own Tabloid Newspaper, reporting on a wide range of stories from the hot discussion topics of the day to the big transfer stories and even match reports from the big games.

Labels

Recommended Reading