Saturday 21 March 2009

Tactics Corner with Bobby Desilets

..with Bobby Desilets, our new American friend that is one of this season's surprise packages in XEFA Division 2.

Dennis Moberg: What is your tactical philosophy in FML?
Bobby Desilets: I like to try to play an attacking 4-5-1, but really concentrate on my marking strategies based on the tactic I'm playing against. This sometimes meaning I have my outside backs man mark outside midfielders.

Dennis Moberg: You're a new side in the GW, and you've got one of the youngest teams in the whole FA, but you're still projected to finish 2nd in your league. What's your secret?
Bobby Desilets: A lot of the other teams in the division have older veterans teams, which might mean success in the short term, but they soon will need to replace those players, my goals is to grow my players and keep them in the first team for a while, or be able to sell them later for profit, which you can't do with older players, as they will retire, the players I added on from my original squad were all under 28 and class players which should start for me for 3 or more years such as Hugo, Wellington and Antonio Falvio.

Dennis Moberg: You've learnt a few Tactical Skills, which are the most important to learn do you feel?
Bobby Desilets: I actually feel that training skills are the most important, and I am level 5 in a lot of that, right now I am finishing up finance 5, because starting out the more money you get the better off you will be in order to finance your stadium later, I'm predicted to be tied for first now!! But ahead on GD.

Dennis Moberg: Yeah, I'm learning Finance 5 too right now. But I was mainly thinking about what particular Tactical Skills you think are most important?
Bobby Desilets: Oh right, since I play with only one striker, target man skills were important along with crossing instructions, and counterattack as I will change that from home and away.

Dennis Moberg: Do you have many different pre-made tactics, or just one for home games and one for away games?
Bobby Desilets: I use a 4-5-1 for most of my games, home and away, I also have a 4-3-3 to use when I am behind by a lot or down towards the end of the game, I also have a 4-4-2 I have had to use because of injuries, I have had some long term injuries to my best players this season, just starting off in the UFFA it has been tough

Dennis Moberg: Alright Bobby, cheers for the interview. Got a message for your competitiors in the Div2 before we end?
Bobby Desilets: Humph, how about your veterans will want to retire after losing to a bunch of youngsters?

Dennis Moberg: Good luck for the remainder of the season!
Bobby Desilets: Thanks dennis, you too

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

The Clough Gameworld crest

The Cloughite is Clough's very own Tabloid Newspaper, reporting on a wide range of stories from the hot discussion topics of the day to the big transfer stories and even match reports from the big games.

Labels

Recommended Reading