Tuesday 24 March 2009

The Big Interview: Liam Spence

... with Liam Spence, manager of Harlow Town FC. Without having much of a reputation before, except for being "the team that has Amelia", Liam are now gunning for the XEFA Prem. We're checking up what's happened, as well as getting the full story about Liam's baby, the XEFA Lobby Cup!


Dennis Moberg: Hi Liam. Looks like you're getting promoted to the Prem! Is this all according to your masterplan?
Liam Spence: Hmm Masterplan ... does loaning Dawson for 21 days and relying on him to keep the sheets clean for the first half of the season, and then struggle in the second half a plan as such? If so, I guess that was it!

Dennis Moberg: Or maybe you have Renato to thank? He's your by far best avaraging player in the Champs, avaraging 7.28 so far.
Liam Spence: Couldn't have done anywhere near as good without Renato, can't believe how well he has performed, and to be honest, I didnt want him originally -- owner wanted a trade for Jurado at the time, and I was a bit sceptical -- now he has come on bounds and leaps and performed like that (Don't tell him I said that).

Dennis Moberg: The Cloughite will surely make sure that message gets through! (Those damned tabloids...) Do you feel your team would be up for Prem football? It's got to be one of the toughest leagues in the world.
Liam Spence: Definately, but I am the Fulham of the XEFA, struggle against those lower in the league, but can beat quite a few people in the Prem. Take the Non-Prem Cup, struggled my way through that and thanks to some luck and dodgy organization got there finally... then play Daniel, Andrew and other greats and can beat them ... Wierd sometimes!

Dennis Moberg: You also do some work in our fine community. You've been running the XEFA Lobby Cup, for people active in the XEFA Lobby, since the first season, and it's now entering its 10th season. Where did you get the idea from?
Liam Spence: There was something set up when I first joined Clough from the very beginning for those who originally spoke in the Lobby, Chatroom League -- I won it even with Mihai in it. And then decided that a good community in the fed is needed and just went from there, first season was about 8 teams I think, and now up to 32. Couldn't have done it without those who actually speak in there thoough, so thanks all.

Dennis Moberg: This cup has got some influence now, and you've run it well. Are you waiting for James (XEFA Mod) to promote you to a real org soon?
Liam Spence: Hah, I could only dream of something like that, I'm nowhere near responsible enough and everyone who knows me knows that. And with so many others in the XEFA who could easily fill an organizer role I can't see myself ever becoming something like that with the "competition" I have.

Dennis Moberg: Last one - you got Construction level 5. Did you have a reason for this or did you think like me when learning Physio level 5 - "I want to be special..."?
Liam Spence: Bit of both really, to have Construction 5 is pretty special and I THINK I'm the only person in world to have it, as well as the other higher skills in the GW. Was originally gonna go to 4 and just leave it there, but then realised how much it could save me, even if it is an extra 5%, in the long term it should work out great! If only I had the money to go with it.

Dennis Moberg: Alright - thanks for your time Liam!
Liam Spence: Cheers, enjoyed doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

The Clough Gameworld crest

The Cloughite is Clough's very own Tabloid Newspaper, reporting on a wide range of stories from the hot discussion topics of the day to the big transfer stories and even match reports from the big games.

Labels

Recommended Reading