Wednesday 1 April 2009

The Big Interview - Tiago Nogueira

An Interview with a winner .. Fresh from his sides first ever trophy win following a 2-0 victory in the WCA Cup Final over Band of Brothers, WCA News caught up with Matosinhos SC manager Tiago Nogueira

Garry Pettigrew: How would you describe your FML experience so far?
Tiago Nogueira: Very good. This game is awesome. At beginning I was a little sceptical about spending money on online games (the price of this game for Portugal people is a little expensive), but I wanted to try and I'm really happy with my decision. Playing with real people is more fun!


Garry Pettigrew: As an original WCA member - what do you like about the FA?
Tiago Nogueira: I've added myself to the FA because most of the time I'm working at week and on weekends I can play more. The most I like is the people on it. Always trying to play their games instead of playing against AI and always helping each other. Of course is not always possible to play against all people but we all try to play human vs. human which is very nice


Garry Pettigrew: With the talented Pavel Pogrebnyak and Niko Kranjaer both still only 28 and you first trophy win out the way. Do you envisage more success next season? Can you get closer to Wayne's LetsTalkAboutCesc side?
Tiago Nogueira: Season after season I'm trying to do better. It isn't easy, because we have to win against great teams. At the beginning this FA hasn't a lot of really good players, now all teams have 2/3/4 excellent players that make difference in some games. Niko was my first choice since the beginning and he's my best player, always playing at same level, doing a lot of assists. Pavel I had luck in season 4 when I buy him on a contract auction. It's not only these two players that are important, but this season they helped me a lot. If it wasn't the big number of draws that I have. I could have been more close to Wayne. He has a very strong squad with Matusiak in front making lots of goals. Next season I will try to do better, trying to get 2/3 young players into first eleven. It's not easy but I will try...

Garry Pettigrew: Your Best and Worst moments?
Tiago Nogueira: My best moment was winning the WCA Cup this season. It was an intense and close game against a great team ,but as I said before Niko Kranjcar and Pavel Pogrebnyak have made a difference. Also my goalkeeper saving that penalty at minute 76 made the game safe.

My worst moment was season 4, very poor performance when I have a good team, only winning some games at the end of season, trying to not get relegated.

Garry Pettigrew: And any final messages?
Tiago Nogueira: Hope all continue enjoy this game. Anybody that needs my help could always be talking to me; I'm always available to help u guys. Continue with good performances, trying to go for glory. Cheers and see u next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

The Clough Gameworld crest

The Cloughite is Clough's very own Tabloid Newspaper, reporting on a wide range of stories from the hot discussion topics of the day to the big transfer stories and even match reports from the big games.

Labels

Recommended Reading