Wednesday 4 November 2009

A Really Bad Day at the Office

Casual FA Weekly Cup final defeat
We had the better players, created more chances (16 to 6, 2 clear cut chances to 1) and generally bossed the match, however we succumb to a 1-0 defeat, conceeding a goal to a counter attack.




Light Heavyweight Championship final defeat
This one annoyed my more than FML has managed to annoy me in 12 long months playing the game; my team just didn't turn up for the match. My opponents stats tell it all 9 shots, 6 on target, 4 goals scored -- seriously, what the hell can you do about that? As for the chances that fell to my strikers, well my nan would have had a better chance of scoring the way my players performed in the match.



Super Afternoon League title thrown away
How on earth we lost this match I will never know, 29 shots to 8, 6 clear cut chances to 3, total control of the match, but seemingly destined to conceeding a goal on every counter attack we face today. A win here was the difference between winning the league and fighting for second place.



Casual FA Division 1 title lost*
In the last match of the season, a draw would likely be enough to claim the title, and a win would guarantee it. However, on his debut my new £1.6m left midfielder gets sent off in the 9th minute. Despite playing with a man down for the majority of the match, the team still dominate the play and create 3 clear cut chances to our opponents none. Somehow we still lose 2-1 and the season's efforts are for nothing.

* Lanky Legs XI need just three points from their final two games of the season to seal the title now, so in theory we can still claim the title, but it's not looking likely.



In a way it's good that FML pisses me off so much, it shows that it's succeeded in sucking me into the game, the same way the old Championship Manager games did back in my youth; however I've never felt more disconnected from my team than I do in FML at times like these. It honestly seems that there are times when your team are in a rut and there is nothing you can do about it, if that rut comes at a time when you are playing important games then tough luck, there's no feedback to explain why my team have suddenly stopped performing to their potential, and what's more there's no way for me to affect this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

The Clough Gameworld crest

The Cloughite is Clough's very own Tabloid Newspaper, reporting on a wide range of stories from the hot discussion topics of the day to the big transfer stories and even match reports from the big games.

Labels

Recommended Reading